The weather has finally warmed up and gotten consistently sunny!!! So it means it is the perfect time to get rid of all your valuable, worthless junk that is just taking up room in your house (or garage). A yard sale is a perfect way to turn your unwanted and needed clothes, decor and other things into someone else’s treasure and money for you! But a good yard sale takes just a little for thought and planning. Here are 10 tips to get you going in the right direction.
2. Start early. Around 7am is very common but don’t be surprised if people show up early.
3. Have everything priced & grouped the night before so you can just pull it out in the morning.
4. Have change!!!! If you don’t people will try to talk the prices down.
5. Price a little high and be willing to negotiate.
6. Have chilled water & sell it!!!! People will actually get out of their car for that alone!
7. Have a Quarter table for kids.
8. Have a small freebie pile.
9. End by 1pm. Traffic drops up to just about nil after that.
10. Arrange for charity to come by and pick up the leftovers or post it on Freecycle. That way you don’t have to clean up!!!