Quinoa seems to be this magic food. It is a complete protein and fulfills the mental need for a starch to complete a meal. I have decided to get my family to eat quinoa! This is my first step in this path.
I adore a traditional caprese salad but never find it to be quite enough for a complete meal. This perfectly encapsulates summer eating for me with fresh tomatoes and basil. And I love my cheese and I love this dish;). My kids on the other hand didn’t love it but they ate it and a couple even asked for seconds. That is a good sign, right?
Where is your family on the quinoa path? Do they like it? Have they tried it? Let me know!!!
By the way, this recipe makes quite a bit and would be a great gluten free option for a picnic or potluck!
- 5 cups prepared and seasoned quinoa
- 1/2 ounce of basil cut into a chiffonade (a little clam shell with the stems picked out)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, in small cubes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Toss all the ingredients together. If you toss them in a warm rice cooker the flavors marry together well. Eat hot or cold.