I admit, I have a rice cooker. So it may sound a little odd that I am taking a look at Boil in Bag rice from Success® Rice, right? But you would be wrong! There are lots of times that Success® Boil in Bag Rice is a great choice, especially since they are the only brand that has boil-in-bag Jasmine rice (my go to white rice).
1) When I don’t have time to make rice in my rice cooker! Making Jasmine rice in the rice cooker can easily take 30 minutes or more. Success Jasmine rice only takes 10 minutes.
2) When we are on vacation. We tend to stay in places that have kitchens but I don’t really want to do a lot of cooking;). All I need is a pot and some water;).
3) When I just want a little rice. My giant rice cooker can’t handle real small amounts.
4) When my rice cooker is busy;). Yes, you read that right. When I created this recipe I wanted some dessert and my rice cooker was full of rice and seasonings for dinner.
So that said, let’s get to the recipe!
We are gluten free over here so rice is a staple! While I love traditional rice pudding I don’t make it often because it is heavy and takes a while. I wanted something a little lighter that would quench my sweet tooth.
So I present to you, Chocolate-Coconut Rice!
- 3 cups prepared Jasmine Rice
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar (can substitute other sugar or honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons shredded, sweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Dump everything into a bowl and mix together. The heat from the rice will melt the chocolate.
- You can serve it hot or cold!