So one day, Mom and Dad called me into their office along with Nerdpie and said, “We got sent this buildable mood lamp from Creation Crate, and were wondering if you wanted to make it.” Nerdpie was like, “Kind of, but if Nerdster wants to, he can!” Of course, to this, I said, “I would really like to make the lamp! Thanks!”
And here I am, a week or two later, and I learned a lot. A couple of things I learned are:
- I learned about circuit boards.
- I learned about charges and how they travel.
- I (surprisingly) learned about programming.
- I especially learned about inputting circuits and lining them up.
- And I learned about CHIMICHANGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This lamp was super fun to make and incorporated a couple of cool features and skills, including:
- Circuit boards
- Troubleshooting and Debugging
- Wire attachment
- Proper care of wires and LEDs (I learned this one the hard way :)C. Let’s just say, there was supposed to be three LEDs.)
All in all, this was really fun to make. I only have a couple complaints.
1)The wiring is a little confusing.
2)It didn’t come with a power source.
… two enthusiastic thumbs up! Comment on what you think would be something cool to make!
NerdMom’s 2 cents:
I love Creation Crate
and the idea of it! This is one of the first STEM/crafting kits that I have seen that is actually for kids 10 and up. It is something you can use as an actual curriculum. They claim that if you do 12 kits you will have more hands on programming experience than 99% of college computer science students. The cost ranges between $22.50 – $29.99 just depending on if you go month to month or a year at a time. It was a great project and my son learned a lot. This would make a wonderful gift because it is very educational and very fun!
(Disclosure: We were given the Creation Crate by the company and this post contains affiliate links. That said, all opinions are ours and ours alone)