I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
Life is busy for everyone so dinner can’t take very long. But being gluten-free, it can be hard to find pre-made or quick recipes. When I walk through stores like Sam’s Club I tend to see a lot of pre-made and frozen food that I just can’t eat because it isn’t gluten-free. Even pre-made meats often have gluten in the seasonings. So I was stoked to get an opportunity to pick up some of Tyson Gluten Free Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Fillets in the freezer section! And I developed a super yummy and super quick gluten-free recipe to go with them. It is super easy but there are a few things going on at one time. But hey, you gotta multi-task if you want a fabulous and nutritious meal on the table in 15 minutes. This is also a great meal to bring the kids in to have help you!
Before we jump into the recipe! The Tyson Gluten Free Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Fillets comes frozen but is already seasoned and is so good! It is in the freezer section at many Sam’s Clubs right now. If you want to try it out before you buy it, you may have an opportunity! Many Sam’s Clubs are doing a sampling of Tyson Gluten Free Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Fillets March 6, 2014 and March 8, 2014. You can check to make sure your Sam’s Club is included.
Spring Chicken and Grits
Serves: 6 Time: 15 minutes
6 Tyson Gluten Free Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Fillets
16 oz Sliced Mushrooms
1 lb Asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
1 tbl butter
1 tbl olive oil
1/2 tsp paprika
2 cloves chopped garlic
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 tsp salt
7 servings Quick Grits (according to package instructions)
1 cup of shredded cheese
Ok, this seems like a lot but I am going to walk you through, step by step, getting this all on the table. So we are going to basically have 3 streams of action going but I promise, you can do it!
1. Put 3 Tyson Gluten Free Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Fillets on a plate and cover them with a paper towel. Put them in the microwave for 4 1/2 minutes.
2. Put 1 tablespoon of both olive oil and butter in a skillet. Turn the heat to medium and drop your sliced mushrooms in, stirring every 45 seconds or so.
3. Turn on the water and salt in a pot for your instant grits and bring it to a boil.
4. After the mushrooms are cooking for about 2 minutes dump your asparagus in. Stir it frequently.
5. About this time take your plate of chicken out of the microwave and put in your second set of 3 Tyson Gluten Free Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Fillets. Cover with a paper towel and microwave as the last set.
6. Now the water should be boiling and dump your grits in, stirring as you do it. Cover, reduce the temperature to low, cook for 5 minutes while stirring as needed.
7. While your mushrooms and asparagus are still cooking, cut up your chicken into cubes.
8. We are almost done, hang in there! Toss 2 cloves of chopped garlic (or 2 teaspoons of the prechopped stuff), 1/2 teaspoon of paprika, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper and 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt into your mushrooms and asparagus.
9. As soon as your grits are done slowly stir shredded cheese into them.
10. Stir your chicken into the asparagus and mushroom mixture.
11. Serve by placing grits on the plate and top with the chicken mixture!
(Disclosure: This is a paid post but all opinions and recipes are mine! Thanks #CollectiveBias for the opportunity to create this #CookItGF recipe! #Cbias )