I have to say that I am a bit overwhelmed at all the choices that out there! I usually love Dell computers but I want to make sure that I am getting the most for my money but… I don’t want to settle for something that will be buggy later. If we aren’t shopping with Dell we usually shop reconditioned at CompUSA but we tend to have little issues with those later. This will be a computer we will keep for a while because it will probably become a media computer in a few years or a kid computer;).
So what are we looking for?
- A Windows machine (No, I am not buying an Apple. Period)
- Under $700
- Probably at least an i3 but probably more
- We want to run 2 screens!
- I want to Skype and stream video for a possible Web show.
- Want to play video games
- Blogging, of course but that is such a small resource demand
- Running a Virtual Machine for NerdDad’s projects
- Run VNC well (again, not a huge demand)
- Want it to run fairly quietly & cool (previous issues)